Before getting into the Download Mac version of maplestory, you should know that it also needs some private server to play. The goal is to level up, beat your opponents just like any other MMORPG game.
How To Play MapleStory on Mac
MapleStory Mac Download
1. Download the Mac .zip file for the game by clicking here (MapleSaga Server).
2. Extract the .zip file to your desired installation location.
3. Double-click install.command to properly install the client.
4. Double-click MapleSaga.app to get in-game!
5. Log on with your account details. If you haven’t registered, click here.
MapleStory Mac Guide
MapleStory 2 Mac
You can play this version of Maplestory as well which is called MapleStory 2 on Mac. But the question still arises is that can you play MapleStory 2 on mac?
Error! Cannot write to Info.plist.
1. Move your MapleSaga.app client to your Desktop or your Documents folder.
2. Double-click MapleStory.app to get in-game!
Can You Play MapleStory 2 on Mac?
There is so little demand from mac users for a mac-native client that, even if it was possible with the lack of software libraries between windows and mac, there’s just not enough demand to warrant creating a new client on a new OS from the ground up and then supporting it in tandem with a windows client that is arguably already enough of a mess as it is without a split of resources.
And given how trivial it is nowadays to simply dual-boot two different operating systems, there’s no real need for a mac-native client. Everything on the first page of google results for “how to play maplestory on mac” say “just dual boot”.